EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Licensed Psychologist, 1965
- Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor, 1968
- Public Health Fellow, Suicide Prevention Center, L.A., CA, 1963-65
- Psychological Intern, Morningside N.P. Hospital, Portland, OR, 1961-63
- Trainee, Veterans Administration, Sepulveda, CA, 1960-61
- Ph.D., University of Portland, 1965
- M.S., California State University, Los Angeles, 1960
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1958
From the mid 1960's until the early 1980's I served as a Los Angeles county deputy Coroner as part of my professional activities at the Los Angeles Suicide Prevention center.
In this capacity, either singly or as part of a medical legal team I performed more than 100 Psychological Autopsies. In addition, while
directing a federally funded substance abuse program for federal probationers I participated in scores of recission hearings. Since the mid 1970's I have consulted, been deposed or testified in over 100 civil cases. The primary focus of these cases has been on wrongful death and psychiatric/psychological malpractice where suicide has been an issue.
I have also served as an expert witness in 2 'priest abuse' cases in 2006-7 and 2011.